Block spam and viruses before they hit your network
Google email security, powered by Postini, helps keep your email free from spam, viruses, phishing, and other email threats. Google email security, is a hosted solution that blocks spam and other threats well before they reach your enterprise. Unlike legacy products, it requires no hardware or software to install and maintain, thus greatly reducing your IT resource requirements and costs.
Complete spam and virus protection
- Comprehensive message security to stop spam, viruses, phishing, denial of service (DoS), directory harvest attacks (DHA), and other email attacks.
- Zero-hour anti-virus protection with multi-layered protection, including heuristic and signature-based detection.
- Extensive and detailed quarantine summary reporting to end-users through a convenient web console.
Real-time processing with scale and reliability
- Patented real-time, pass-through architecture ensures that there are no delays, message loss or disruptions to email service, regardless of how high spam volumes climb.
- 99.999% availability for message processing and capacity to handle billions of transactions a day.
- Policy enforced domain to domain messaging encryption using standard SSL or TLS protocols.
- SAS 70 Type II certified and WebTrust seal validates Postini's stringent standards for physical and operational security, assuring the safety of your communications.
- Manage communication policies for message attachments and content.
Defend against web-based threats and block undesired content
Google Web Security for Enterprise service, powered by Postini, stops web-borne spyware and viruses before they infiltrate your network and compromise or disable your computers. We provide inbound and outbound detection of both known and emerging malware threats, including malware "bot-net" communications.
Protection from web-based threats
- Multiple reputation and behavior analysis techniques and vast amounts of daily web data to detect new threats.
- Signature-based detection utilizes multiple, industry-leading anti-malware engines with hourly and emergency signature updates.
- Real-time scanning of web traffic to block spyware and viruses at the internet level.
Block unwanted content
- Blocks malicious links while permitting access to safe and approved websites, or portions of websites.
- Enforce policies by groups, users, time of day, bandwidth, etc.
Administration and management
- Centralized administration and reporting to create, enforce and monitor web usage policies.
- No additional hardware to buy.
Encryption for sensitive and confidential information
Emerging regulations and best practices are encouraging companies to encrypt email messages that contain sensitive and confidential information. Policy-enforced TLS employs transport layer security to automatically encrypt email connections between businesses. Google security service, powered by Postini, integrates strong TLS encryption with policy-based management so you can control and ensure which messages are delivered over encrypted connections.
Policy-enforced TLS provides
- Enforced server-to-server encryption, prevents un-encrypted emails from being sent
- Automatic processing, with no additional integration
- Zero impact to recipient–does not require software or key installation
- Secure communications with regular business partners without the cost of virtual private networks and leased lines
- Simple administration via the Administrative Console
As an on-demand service, Policy-enforced TLS requires no new software, hardware, or maintenance. Administrators can easily and dynamically set policies based on users, content, or recipients.